Moms in Scrubs was nominated for the Liebster Award 2018! I am very honored by this nomination! The community of bloggers is AMAZING. I started my blog as a way to earn extra income but also because I wanted to help others by sharing my journey of “becoming better”. A huge part of blogging is community and networking. I am just starting this phase and it is a bit overwhelming but also exciting. The possibilities with blogging are seriously endless(I know it sounds cliche).
Thank you so much to Jess over at Live Breathless Moments for this nomination! I encourage you to go check out her blog. She shares lots of inspiring posts that are centered around living “in the moments that take your breath away”. I think we could all learn to do this better!
What is the Liebster award?
The Liebster Award is an award given by bloggers to bloggers. It’s a nice way to recognize and support up and coming blogs and grow your audience/connections. It is also a way to share more about you.
Here are the rules of the Liebster Award 2018.
- Post the award on your blog
- Thank the person who nominated you and post a link to their blog.
- State 10 random facts about yourself.
- Answer their questions about yourself.
- Write your own questions for your nominees.
- Nominate between 5-11 blogs that you feel deserves this award.
- List these rules on your post.
- Notify the bloggers that you have nominated them for the award.
Ok, here goes: 10 random facts about me:
- I am shy and have social anxiety
- I love camping and being outdoors
- I love marching band! Through high school and college(as well as something called drum corps), I was in 5 different Marching groups. Yup, Band Geek for sure!
- Spring is my favorite season
- I joined the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints(aka Mormon) when I was 20 and even served a mission
- My husband calls me the “snack queen”. I love chips and candy, lol.
- I am definitely a night owl
- One of my nicknames is “Bird”. Given to me by my dad because I ate like a bird when I was a baby.
- I have never broken a bone, but I did get 7 stitches in my chin at 2 years old after falling off a slide
- I have a small family but my husband has a huge family! I just have one older sister. Starting in June we will finally live in the same city for the first time in over 10 years. I’m super excited!
10 questions I was asked by Jess
- What is your favorite meal? Tacos. Crunchy tacos, soft tacos, fish tacos, street tacos…Lol, I love tacos!
- Where would you like to go on vacation? A warm beach. I’ve seriously never been. Only been to the Oregon Coast and lakes.
- What is your favorite dessert? Ice Cream!
- What is something that makes your day better? Finding humor in everyday life, music(helps me get motivated to clean), and my kids(most of the time, haha)
- What is your favorite holiday to celebrate and why? Christmas for a lot of reasons besides getting presents. Although I do love to be surprised. I love that people seem more jolly and that we get to focus on making others happy. I also love to celebrate Christ’s birth and remember what is truly important in life.
- Where is the most interesting place you’ve been? Man, this is a tough one(I’m so boring, lol) Depends on what the definition of “interesting” is I guess. It’s a toss-up between Victoria, B.C. and Yosemite National Park.
- What quirks do you have? I hate it when people pop their knuckles. I learned from my husband that I blow out when I laugh(I seriously don’t notice at all).
- What fad or trend do you hope comes back? Fanny packs! I actually know some nurses that use one. They are so handy, right?
- What is your favorite song? Ok, this was the hardest question of all! I seriously went through about 30 songs in my head. And then there are a lot of songs I don’t know the title to. I honestly can’t pick a favorite but I can give you my top 5(at least right now). “let it be” by the Beatles. “the middle” by Jimmy Eat World. “Nothing Else Matters” by Metallica. “Let’s see how far we’ve come” by Matchbox 20. “Peaceful Easy Feeling” by the Eagles.
- Who inspires you to be better? Since I am religious, the first answer that came to my head was Jesus Christ. He is the only perfect person to ever live. But some non-perfect people who inspire me are a lot of church leaders and members of my church. There are also a lot of other bloggers out there who are inspiring me to keep going on this journey as well.
These sites are AWESOME for being as new as they are. (seriously better than me)
My Questions for my nominees
- Why did you decide to start your blog?
- Who inspires you to be better?
- What hobby would you get into if time and money weren’t an issue?
- What is your favorite holiday and why?
- What modern day luxury could you not live without?
- What is something that a lot of people are obsessed with that you just don’t relate to?
- What is the luckiest thing that has ever happened to you?
- What is something special about the place that you grew up?
- What book has impacted you the most?
- What is something that you think everyone should do at least once?
I look forward to hearing your responses! Thank again to Jess for the nomination! Hope you enjoyed getting to know me a little better!
Here are a couple of other posts about me(If your not bored of me already, haha)
Why I chose to become a nurse
Realizing I needed to set goals: Motivation behind my blog
Follow my blog with Bloglovin